toodle pip

Farewell Sydney, hello UK!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Winners eat Frosties

I've been applying for jobs, and had a couple of interviews. However, everytime the interviewer says "rooting protocol" or "rooter", it just totally distracts the hell out of me. I wonder if they'll expect me to start saying "rooter and rooting", instead of router and routing protocol. Maybe I'll just feel obliged to start saying it their way. But I think in the meantime I'm going to say it my way until it just gets practically inconvenient...

Played squash last night with some of Ken's friends. I hadn' t played in years and years.. I wasn't going to go, my excuse was that it would 'stuff up my tennis'.. to which Ken replied, "But you don't even play tennis!!" - and well, he had a point, so I went. It turned out to be quite fun.. all the players there were way better than me, but they were very nice and took it easy on me. There was one guy there who I named Bruce Lee... he'd hit the ball so fast you wouldn't even see it happening. He had this cool shirt that said "Winners eat Frosties" - no wonder he was so good. Afterwards I found out his name IS Lee!

My legs and butt are SO sore today.. but sore is good...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We talk about routers for the magazine all the time and I still say rar-ter (?) rather than root-er. Funny isn't it, but then I almost forgot all about the whole Aussie 'root' thing!

5:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you don't have a butt?

12:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home