toodle pip

Farewell Sydney, hello UK!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

ah Chinese..!

Met up with an old friend Mary for dinner tonight in Chinatown. We went to a Malaysian/Chinese/Singaporean restaurant called C&R Cafe.. it has great food and I went for the Char Kwai Diu YUM!! I have been really missing Asian food lately as it's rare that I can get to Chinatown to buy Chinese groceries. I devoured the whole plate and was so stuffed I decided to walk 50min from Leicester Square to Bank to catch the DLR home. It was a perfect cool evening for me to walk the distance carrying my shopping bag of Chinese goodies (including pineapple buns yuum!!!).

Olga, a Russian colleague at work, has been lamenting to me about how she misses this seaweed-in-a-can stuff that she used to get at home. I said HEY! the Chinese have something similar! So I bought her a couple of packets of this green jelly-like, kinda crunchy seaweed and can't wait to see if she likes them!

On the other hand, Shoaib, my Pakistani colleague who sits opposite me is fasting for a month. He looks like total crap during the 8hrs at work and I feel so guilty eating and drinking as I sit right facing him. The office is open-plan.. so I try and hide behind my flat screen monitor when i put things in my mouth. Then pretend/try to chew or swallow without moving my face.

It's the mid-Autumn Moon Festival on Friday! We'd like to get some lanterns for the flat, but they were like £8 for a basic one that I saw in Chinatown - wotta ripoff!!! Actually I bet ebay would have some... Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home