toodle pip

Farewell Sydney, hello UK!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What would I do without it...

My dear friends,

The Macpac puffy goose-down jacket you all bought me has been a
saviour. If it wasn't for it I'd be on a plane back to Aus now
(maybe..) It's pretty cold these days, temps get down to 0d Celsius,
but I don't feel the cold because of all the goose feathers I'm
wearing. It's amazing stuff.. I worry about how much I'm going to
wear it, and the laborious washing instructions (hand-wash, no
dryclean, put in the dryer 3 times whilst puffing out the goose down
in between each drying.... something like that..) Nicole my Aussie
colleague says don't bother washing it, just buy a new one. I go
"NOO!!!" this one's way too special - I'm going to wear it till all
the feathers fall out of it! I found quite a few had come out
yesterday onto my cardigan. I wonder how long it'll take before all
the feathers fall out. I'll still wear it even then though - my
Macpac windproof, waterproof, featherless goose-down jacket haha.
Ridiculous.

Needless to say, I haven't been out on the water paddling... I'm lucky
to get myself to the gym and go for a jog once a week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

OMG! Just found the link to your blog again. Can't believe I haven't been keepin up to date! :) Nice to know the jacket came in handy hehe!! Summer is only starting to fade away now and we're already complaining about grey days even though we're all sunburnt! Good to hear you're surviving :) Guess what...i'm the PDs webmaster now - Billy is almost finished converting the website to Joomla and then it shall be mine and it shall be...PINK! kekekekek ;) Miss ya mighty mouse!

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home