toodle pip

Farewell Sydney, hello UK!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Good food in London?

Yesterday I went to Sophie's Steakhouse on Fulham Rd for "the BEST steak in London!".. so my friend Greg tells us. So the 6 of us all ordered big steaks for lunch on a Saturday... I have to agree it was the best steak I've had in London. Apparently it's as good as Gaucho Grill, but is far more worth the money as you get chips or mash with your meat as well. We all agree though, that since coming to London from gastro-fabulous Sydney, our tastebuds have considerably dulled..

I went to Covent Garden afterwards to do some shopping and found a fantastic travel bookstore called Stanfords. They have 3 floors of travel guides, maps, and travel literature. I'm currently reading "Tales from Nowhere" from Lonely Planet Journeys.

Last weekend I went to 2 30th birthday parties..one of which was my flatmate Alex's. 2007 is the year where my household (my 2 flatmates and me) turns officially 'crusty' (so I'm told by all my younger colleagues at work)..at least I look younger than all of them!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home